Cleaning Services Highlight: Vandalism & Graffiti
SERVPRO is a respected name in the restoration industry, but it can be easy to forget that we also provide a long list of different cleaning services. In today’s blog, we’re highlighting one of those cleaning services: Vandalism and Graffiti Cleanup. Obviously, it is our hope that your property never has to endure this kind of damage, but in the event that your home or business falls victim to acts of vandalism or graffiti, take comfort in the fact that SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team - Team Wall is standing by, ready to help. If vandalism and graffiti damage are not removed and restored in a timely manner, your property may be at risk of water and mold damage. Continue reading for more information about our Vandalism and Graffiti Cleanup Services.
Restoring Your Property Following Acts of Vandalism
Designed to serve commercial and residential properties alike, SERVPRO’s Vandalism and Graffiti Cleanup services are applicable to many different damage scenarios. While we usually think of the stereotypical external wall spray-paint graffiti when we think of vandalism situations, our crews are trained to clean various surface types, such as asphalt sidewalks and driveways, wood, glass, plastic, stone masonry, and metal. Whether brick, concrete, stone, or another material, trust SERVPRO to efficiently clean your affected surfaces. In addition to our Vandalism and Graffiti Cleanup, SERVPRO also provides restoration and supplemental cleaning services that can be helpful depending on the scope of your property’s vandalism or graffiti damage. Turn to us for contents cleaning serviceslike Debris Removal and Odor Removal and Deodorization, as well as larger restoration work, such as Fire Damage Restoration, Water Damage Restoration, and Mold Damage Restoration.
Experience Vandalism? Call SERVPRO Right Away
No two vandalism or graffiti situations are exactly alike and as a result, SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team - Team Wall will focus on your property’s specific needs. Pick up your phone and call SERVPRO of Santa Maria at (805)922-5457 at the first notice of vandalism or graffiti. We offer 24-Hour Emergency Service to ensure that one of our crews arrives onsite as soon as possible in order to avoid unnecessary additional damage. Trust SERVPRO to make it “Like it never even happened” and check out our website to view our expansive list of Cleaning Services.
Water Restoration Professionals
Despite the magazines, television shows, and internet articles that may have you thinking otherwise, water damage restoration is a job that should only be performed by certified professionals. SERVPRO of Santa Maria technicians not only have the know-how to get the job done right, but they also have the specialized tools needed to thoroughly dry your home, preventing further damage.
Additional benefits of hiring a professional water damage restoration company:
- Health Hazards: Depending on the source of the water damage, safety can become a concern. There are three varying degrees of water damage, ranging from clean water to black water, each more hazardous than the next. Blackwater, the most dangerous of the three, is water that has come into contact with fecal matter, a haven for harmful bacteria and disease-causing pathogens.
- Hidden Damage: Water damage is not always obvious. Sometimes it is found inside walls and under flooring. If you attempt a DIY restoration and fail to diagnose hidden damage, the resulting issues could be extreme…and expensive.
- Peace of Mind: Hiring a professional restoration company gives you peace of mind knowing you have done everything in your power to rectify the situation.
When Should I Call a Mold Removal Specialist?
What happens when there is a forecast of rain, snow, or a storm?
We look up – specifically to the roof – to keep us and our facility protected.
In fact, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that a business's first line of defense against relentless weather conditions is its roof.
Not only does a strong roof help your business establishment exist for generations to come, but it also tells your customers that you are diligent, professional, and mean business.
Ultimately, your customers’ perception of your business and revenues are affected by the condition and strength of your roof, and your business's ability to ride through storms – figurative and legit.
To keep your roof in top shape, you need frequent inspections. Exactly how often should you get the roof inspected?
Here’s all you need to know.
How Often Should You Inspect Your Roof
The magic number is two.
It would be best if you got your roof inspected twice each year. Once, before the onset of rainfall or snowfall season.
National Roofing Association approves the sound advice of inspecting twice each year.
New Roof versus An Old Roof
The general rule of thumb is to inspect your business' roof twice.
But if your roof is old, you must perform an inspection at least every three months.
Although frequent inspections sound a lot of work, they are imperative as they can be the step that protects both your business and the belongings inside the business.
When Should You Inspect Your Roof?
While two annual inspections are enough, some special conditions require extraordinary measures.
For instance, after an episode of strong winds, downpours, or hailstorm, your business' roofs can become susceptible to wear and tear. Since a leaky roof can lead to basement flooding too, due diligence during difficult conditions is important.
Moreover, harsh weather conditions, including strong heat, create fault lines that cause concern.
Therefore, having enjoyed your time in the rain or snow, be sure to give your roof a health check.
How To Inspect Your Roof
Frequent inspections require an eye that can detect details.
So, for a quick check-up, you can simply look for any peeled-off paint, MOLD, WATER DAMAGE, or fault lines. These are vital checkpoints to determine if your roof needs additional professional care.
DIY or Hiring A Professional?
Hundreds of blogs and thousands of business owners cannot decide whether to give their business's roof a quick inspection or hire a professional.
Inspecting the roof by yourself is a good exercise.
But to be one hundred percent sure about your business’s roof, it is advisable that you contact a professional roofing inspection company that is experienced and understands your business and its roof. After all, how can you take a chance on something that literally hangs over your head?
Now that you know when to inspect your business’s roof and contact a professional, the next step is to get a professional roof repairing and restoration company like SERVPRO to do the difficult work for you.
Contact SERVPRO at 805-922-5457 to get all your roof restoration and remediation needs covered now!
Flooding at Your Place of Business
Preparing for a flood is one of the smartest things that a business owner can do, even if they are not in an area typically prone to flooding. Statistically, 90% of natural disasters involve flooding and commonly impact areas that are not usual flooding targets.
Increasing your emergency preparedness by planning for a flood is a great idea not only for the safety of yourself and your staff but also for the continuity of your business. By planning in advance and preserving documentation, you can be more prepared to reopen after the flooding passes.
How to Prepare
It is not uncommon for business owners to not know where to start on flood preparations, but thankfully there are many resources out there. Some things to do include:
- Use the FEMA Flood Map and locate your building in order to determine any geographical risks you might face.
- Place copies of important documents in a secure location you will be able to access following a flood.
- Educate employees on your official flooding action procedures, which will ensure everyone knows what their role is in a flood scenario.
- Identify evacuation routes from various locations around the building and host regular drills.
- Consider the idea of adding flood insurance to your business policy.
- Store non-perishable food and water in case you face wait times for emergency personnel to arrive.
- Raise up any valuable electronics out of the water’s path.
How to Decide What Documents to Copy
When it comes to copying documents, it is better to have anything you think you might need instead of failing to remember something. Some important things to include are:
- An outline of your business continuity tasks
- Means of contact for any staff members and third-party services you may need to contact
- Your insurance agent’s contact information
- Detailed steps for recovering computer files that have been backed up
- Financial documents such as bank account information
If your business has experienced a flood, we are always here to help. Call us at 805-922-5457 to get our team of professionals to your business quickly so you can get back on track.
SERVPRO Is the One-Stop Cleaning and Recovery Service | SERVPRO of Santa Maria
SERVPRO of Santa Maria is a one-stop service for a great many things. You may know us as the company that helped your neighbor with a sewage backup or the team that cleans your office. Or maybe you only know us as a set of big green vans you see around town occasionally.
But whatever you know SERVPRO for, there’s a good chance there’s much more about us that you don’t know. So today we want to spell out some more of our available services for you—because when you need help in any of these areas, we want you to know you can trust SERVPRO to take care of you.
Water damage recovery. Water damage is a major pain for millions of homeowners each year, and SERVPRO has custom solutions for all of them. No matter the nature or size of the damage, we can get your home back in the dry again.
Fire damage recovery. Fires in homes across the U.S. happen twice a minute or more, meaning a lot of homes are damaged every day. We’ve got the tools and training to take care of homeowners dealing with fire-related loss.
Mold removal. Mold is often an unfortunate side effect of water damage, and sometimes it’s a result of atmospheric conditions. Regardless, it can eat away at your home—and it’s not safe to remove major mold damage by yourself.
Storm recovery. We see everything from big thunderstorms to tornadoes in Lawrenceville, and they can leave major damage behind. When storms take a bite out of area homes, we help homeowners recover, restoring as much as we can along the way.
Commercial needs. Businesses need cleanup and recovery, too, and we offer all our services for commercial enterprise for that very reason. From full-size business parks to mom-and-pop shops, we take care of local businesses who need us.
General cleaning. We know what you’re thinking—do you have to wait until a storm floods your basement to get your carpet cleaned? No way! We can help you anytime, with any cleaning task you may need.
Specialty cleaning. There are a lot of different places that get dirty a lot of different ways, and we take care of all of them. If there’s an unusual cleaning need, rest assured we can handle it.
Construction. When the damage is more than surface-level, we can manage that too, even if it means remodeling, reconstruction and full-scale rebuilding.
Add 24-hour service and an easy insurance process to all this, and the picture becomes clear—when you need cleanup and recovery of any kind, you can trust SERVPRO to get the job done.
We are the best at fire
We know many of us have had issues with small appliance in their homes in the past. We get calls about fry daddy’s, toaster ovens, toasters, microwaves, and pressure cookers. Recently, we received a call about soot damage which isn’t unusual. We get calls about soot damages fairly frequent. The soot damage was caused by the microwave. It seems the homeowner was heating up dinner in the microwave and it malfunctioned causing smoke and soot to fill the home. The smoke and soot left behind so much residue. That’s when the homeowner knew she needed to call someone and why not call the best.
The customer called us and we were able to come out and clean the residue from the walls to the ceilings to the floors and cabinets. If you ever find yourself in a predicament that you need fire clean up, call the best in the business and that is us.
Basic Home Maintenance Can Prevent Your Home from Flooding
Of the many issues that can cause flooding in your home or attic, an often-overlooked item is a clogged gutter system. This critical network of water diversion works to send runoff from your roof to areas away from your house's vulnerable foundation but can often get filled with leaves and other debris. When this system fails or does not work as it should, the results could be serious. Learn how to keep your gutters clean and what to do if you experience flooding.
Keeping gutters clean
The gutters surrounding the eaves of your home exist to help prevent instances of flood damage from occurring. Unfortunately, many homeowners do not even know about a problem with this network of channeling until it is full and causing a water backflow or overflow situation to arise. Gutters need to be cleaned at least twice a year – in the spring and in the fall when you’re most likely to experience leaves or needs dropping and clogging up drains. If you have pine trees near your home, needles will need to be removed every three months to reduce the potential for clogging the gutters and downspouts. There are actually a few simple steps to prevent this from happening so you don’t experience a flood in your home. Simply getting up on the roof near your gutters and manually cleaning out the blockage is a good start. Many homeowners will you a power spray or hose with a narrow nozzle to get the blockage you’re unable to get by hand. There are also services that will come out and keep your gutters clean if you prefer not to do it.
Keeping your roof in good condition
The Arizona sun can really do a number on your roof. It’s important to keep an eye on it and address any areas of weakness where water may come through. Whether you go up on the roof yourself to inspect or hire a professional to do it, it’s a smart idea to give your roof the once-over at least once a year to prevent water damage from a leaky roof. Depending on what your roof is made of a simple repair could do the trick, or you may need more substantial work.
Keeping good drainage around your home
Some monsoon seasons are more damaging than others. Before you experience a heavy rainstorm, walk around your home to make sure you have good drainage all around your home. If you find water puddling next to your foundation, or see water moving toward your home instead of away, it’s important to fix this so that water doesn’t seep in and cause damage to your home.
What do if you experience water damage
When you find this water making its way into your house, it is time to call in professionals who can handle this situation as efficiently as possible. From the moment that our SERVPRO team arrives at your home, we work to assess what needs to happen to prevent water from continuing to enter your home and allow for extraction and drying to occur successfully. Depending on the severity of the flooding inside of your house, our SERVPRO professionals might only need to use portable pumps to remove the water. Larger quantities of water may require the use of a pump truck. Once the water is removed, we’ll dry the premises and work with any water-damaged items to restore or remove the materials.
A clogged or damaged gutter system cannot divert the water away from your home, and it eventually allows it to pool by the foundation and force its way inside. If clogged gutters, a leaky roof or poor drainage cause flooding to your home, reach out to our experienced SERVPRO of Phoenix team of restoration specialists. We can help you remove the water and bring your home back to the way that it should be. Give us a call anytime, 24/7, at (805)922-5457.
Santa Maria Water Damage Company Reports How High Winds Contribute to Water Damage
Wind doesn’t need rain to contribute to water damage. High winds can cause damage to a roof and other parts of a building that make is possible for rain that comes along at a later time to intrude and the water damage experts from SERVPRO of Santa Maria have some important tips to help property owners minimize or prevent damage.
One of the first things to do is inspect the roof, around windows and doors, and check for loose siding after a wind storm. A high wind, even a dry one, can loosen shingles and further weaken old and slightly damaged areas of a building. Once this happens it’s much easier for the next rain to get into the roof and walls.
· Older buildings, and older roofs are particularly susceptible to being damaged by wind.
· If damage is discovered, inspect for signs of water damage or mold. Water may have gotten into the building long before the most recent wind.
· Mold is a sign that water has already been present.
· If no water damage or mold is present, make the necessary repairs as soon as possible and definitely before the next rain. · If water damage or mold is found, call a specialist such as SERVPRO of Santa Maria for water damage repair.
SERVPRO certified water damage restoration technicians use advanced water inspection, extraction and drying equipment and techniques to remove any trace of water or mold. The advanced equipment helps locate hidden moisture that might otherwise go undetected and continue to cause damage. Once all the moisture is located, the entire affected area is dried with powerful dehumidifiers then cleaned with professional grade cleaning and sanitizing agents. Any part of walls, ceiling, roof or floor that has been damaged beyond repair is removed so the needed replacements and repairs can happen.
The SERVPRO of Santa Maria technicians have the expertise, experience and equipment to properly restore damaged property. The franchise is an IICRC Certified firm and the team members are highly trained, holding certifications for:
· AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
· ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
· CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
· CMT - Commercial Carpet Maintenance Technician
· FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
· RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
· WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
Locally owned SERVPRO of Santa Maria specializes in cleanup and restoration services for damage caused by water, fire, storms and mold and mildew. SERVPRO also works with insurance companies to help manage the paperwork and the claim process. One less thing a stressed property owner needs to worry about while the property is repaired and returned to the condition, “Like it never even happened.” Available to help anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week when damage strikes. SERVPRO of Santa Maria is the trusted water damage restoration company. SERVPRO of Santa Maria
1279 W. Stowell Road, Suite C
Santa Maria, CA 93458
SERVPRO of Santa Maria, serving Orcutt, announces ‘Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned’ for COVID-19 sanitizing
SERVPRO of Santa Maria, serving Orcutt, recently announced that the local franchise is offering Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, an advanced viral pathogen cleaning program for businesses. The Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield in your front window shows the community that your business has committed to a higher and safer standard of clean.
More than 50 years of experience in cleaning, sanitizing and restoring businesses and residence from water damage, fire damage, mold, natural disasters and more has provided SERVPRO with the expertise to meet all of the regulatory requirements for businesses to operate safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program includes:
· Cleaning processes and procedures that adhere to the standards set by the CDC and local authorities.
· EPA-Approved Hospital-Grade Disinfectants that are National Sanitation Foundation certified for direct food contact surface use.
· Cleaning of all touchpoints and surrounding surfaces.
· Disinfecting of non-porous surfaces.
The Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield means that the SERVPRO of Santa Maria professionally trained team has cleaned and sanitized your business, following proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry standards.
The first step is to create a plan that is tailored to the unique needs of your business. SERVPRO of Santa Maria follows the SERVPRO “3Cs” approach to make sure your needs are thoroughly assessed and the plan meets your deep cleaning needs:
· Consult: Not all businesses are the same. The SERVPRO of Santa Maria team works with you to develop a tailored cleaning program.
· Clean: Based on the agreed plan, an expert deep clean is initiated using our proprietary EPA-Approved Hospital-Grade cleaning solutions and always adhering to the leading level of cleaning and decontamination standards set by the CDC.
· Certify: The Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield tells the public your business has met the stringent CDC standards for COVID-19 sanitation in Santa Maria.
SERVPRO of Santa Maria is locally owned and operated and proud to serve the community of Santa Maria and surrounding communities. The trained and experienced team has IICRC Certified Firm certifications, along with WRT Water Damage Restoration Technician training and certifications for cleaning up and restoring properties from water, fire, storm and mold and mildew damage.
Available 24/7, SERVPRO works with your insurance to help manage the insurance paperwork and provide a stress free claims process. Call today for answers to your questions, a free quote and to schedule your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned appointment. SERVPRO of Santa Maria
1279 W. Stowell Road, Suite C
Santa Maria, CA 93458
‘What Is Water Damage?’
When we hear “water damage” we think of storms or floods destroying things in their paths to the slow dripping leak from a cracked water pipe, but few stop to think about how water damages things. Mark Powers, owner of SERVPRO of Orcutt, CA recently released a report that answers the question “What is water damage?”
Water causes damage by:
· Creating a situation for mold to grow: Mold needs moisture and organic material to thrive. Moisture enlivens dormant mold spores, that digest organic material, weakening and breaking down wood, fabric and other materials. Mold can also contribute to health effects.
· Weakening and rotting organic materials: Organic materials absorb and hold water and over time the fibers break down and fall apart. Water also dissolves the adhesives used to create laminated and engineered wood such as particle board and oriented strand board (OSB).
· Creating a situation for insect invasion: Some insects like living in moist areas, and some others, like termites, invade weakened wood causing more damage.
· Rust happens when iron and oxygen react with water, or damp air. Iron and iron alloys such as steel, are subject to rust. Over time, if neglected, rust eats through layers of metal and can eventually weaken metal.
· Weakening and dissolving masonry and grout: Brick, cement, tiles, grout and other masonry products are popular for their durability, but masonry contracts and expands as moisture enters and evaporates. When exposed to water and moisture for prolong periods, masonry will begin to weaken and crumble.
· Causing stains on fabric, walls, floors, ceilings and elsewhere: When water mixes with dust, wood finishes, paint, a variety of other materials such as sewage, household chemicals, fabric dye and even some food and beverages, stains result. In some cases, cleaning can removed the stain and hard surfaces can be refinished or repainted. Some stains to certain kinds of fabric might be resistant to cleaning.
The sooner leaks, broken pipes, overflowing appliances, leaky roofs and other sources of excess water and moisture are addressed, the less damage there will be. Regular inspections are an important part of identifying and fixing issues before they cause damage. Other strategies for preventing water damage include:
· Taking protective precautions before a storm, such as using sand bags to divert water away from buildings
· Periodically inspect the roof for leaks, especially after a heavy storm
· Inspect the attic, basement and crawl spaces for built up moisture
· Make sure all appliance hoses and connections are tight and not leaking
· Check under sinks and around showers, bathtubs and toilets to make sure there are no leaks
· Repair any weak or rotting windows, doors, decking and building exteriors
Locally owned SERVPRO of Orcutt is ready 24/7 to respond to water damage. Whether your property has been flooded, a pipe has broken, or you have water damage from some other source the expert team of highly trained water damage technicians can help. SERVPRO of Orcutt is a trusted leader in the water restoration industry, using the most advanced inspection techniques and extraction and drying equipment.
SERVPRO of Santa Maria
1279 W. Stowell Road, Suite C Santa Maria, CA 93458
This press release is by Santa Maria SEO and online marketing company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446, (805) 226-9890